Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Honestly...

I really am working on Chapter 9. It's just that its a really long chapter. I thought I'd post a snippet here just to prove I am working on it:

The four of them were crouched on top of a hill, looking down into the Argenault
Valley. In the far distance, they could see a small dot which was the capital
city. But that wasn’t what had there attention at the moment. Directly below
them at the base of the hill was the orc encampment.

“This is madness!” Jonathan hissed.

“I know,” Ian said, lowering his spyglass, “Handing over the land of a well respected noble to a bunch of greedy orcs.”

“No, I mean us being here,” Jonathan said, “We should be doing everything to avoid them.”

“It’s easier to go around them if we know where they are,” Ian smirked.

Emily giggled softly, “Why Jonathan I do believe you got Ian to smile.”

“Really, Emily, this is not the time the time for humor,” Jonathan said, tersely.

“Actually, humor is an appropriate way to break the tension in some situations,” Markas said.

No comments: