Friday, November 14, 2008

Chapter 10, a Wiki, and an Apology!

Chapter 10 is now up at deviantArt. I've submitted it to Elfwood, so look for it show up there in the next couple of weeks. It also now available in Microsoft Word .doc format at the Dusk of Innocence Wiki hosted at Wetpaint.

That's right--I've created a DoI Wiki. My notes for the novel and its universe are getting a bit unwieldy. So, I've been meaning to create a wiki to help sort everything. At first I was just going to create a personal wiki for me, but as I looked into it I found Wetpaint. Well, part of my goal with publishing DoI as I wrote it was to include the reader in the writing process. So, the wiki will be available as cannon source material to everyone. I won't put in any info that could be considered spoilers (such as Ian's last name) until such information is revealed in the story itself. Right now, its just sort of an outline of what I want to include, but look for me to start putting more up over the next few months.

Finally, an apology on how long it took me to finish Chapter 10. I'm not sure why it took so long. It really has been "nearly" finished for a month now. I finished it up in a hour this morning, did some quick proofreading, and posted it. I'm also sorry because there will be a delay on Chapter 11 because I want to work on the Wiki and get myself more organized before I go any further with the novel. So bear with me (if there's anyone left reading this that is), I promise it will help make Dusk of Innocence a fuller reading experience.

No comments: